Wednesday 10 August 2016

Time to shine


While surfing random 24 by 7 news (read entertainment) channels on TV , I caught on a contemplating mood. Memories of the dreamt but undone things flashed across my eyes.
I had a crush on this handsome boy in school but never gathered the courage to speak to him . His looks spell bounded and dumb-folded me literally. The thought of a “no” restricted me from expressing my feelings. He was too stunning to settle for an average looking person like me I always thought.
Now when I look at his Facebook pictures with his wife or the salt and pepper combination as I would like to call them, I understand that looks don't matter to him at all. If only I would've said something to him then.........




Fast forward to college life , I wanted to study literature . When I told this to my parents they looked at me as if I was planning to join ISIS. My mother sobbed saying how I wouldn't be able to become rich or get married to a suitable boy and my dad reflected on what more he could have done for me to bend my mind towards the Sciences or make me more like Sharmaji's son. Unable to handle this pressure , I decided to end my life by joining an engineering college. While slogging for four years for something I neither had the interest or aptitude for , made me think if only I would've said something then..........
If you are wondering what I saw on the TV channel that made me so reflective about life then read on.
Be it India or anywhere in the world , there is no dearth of incompetent politicians and the so called leaders ready to decide the course of action of the country. Be it a certain IIT graduate who talks non-sense and whose job profile is more of a critic than a chief minister or be it a certain “young” leader who carries a legacy of four generations on the shoulders and talks of progress when the only progress he has made in these years is to read a speech without factual errors or a certain rich businessman with his bizarre policies ready to take over the most powerful country of the world, all have one thing in common ; Confidence.
Their confidence is taking them to places and have placed them on the map of the world and our TV sets.
Success they say is a combination of hard work and perseverance but what drives you in moments of doubt and disparity is confidence. The trust on yourself and the decisions you make is essential for succeeding in life.




Having said this , proposing to every girl you find beautiful , changing your career path to become a politician , making non-sense YouTube Videos or relying on your legacy is a bad idea or in other words over-confidence . Don't be under or over just add the right amount of confidence to your life.
So the next time you feel low and wonder if you are capable of doing a certain thing or not , then switch on the TV and watch the news. You will see ample faces addressing a rally , taking oath as a minister , formulating policies of the nation and taking foreign trip. These are those who had no money , no education , no expertise and no knowledge when they started . Well some of them still have none of these except the money of course , but they built their dreams on the confidence they had on themselves and others and have achieved success and fame regardless of the critics and haters.

Its now your Time to shine .  



1 comment:

Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs